The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials recently issued 2022 Interim Revisions to its “LRFD Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs, Luminaires, and Traffic Signals, 1st Edition.”
[Above image by AASHTO]
Originally published in 2015, the “LRFD Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs, Luminaires, and Traffic Signals, 1st Edition” includes current research on Load and Resistance Factor Design or LRFD calibration, as well as sections on fabrication, construction, inspection, and asset management based on best practices.
These 2022 Interim Revisions to the specifications include changes to the following sections:
- Section 5: Steel Design, Article 220.127.116.11.
- Section 6: Aluminum Design Section entirely replaced.
- Section 14: Fabrication, Materials, and Detailing, Article 14.5 14.9.
- Section 15: Construction, Article 15.9.
- Appendix C: Alternate Methods for Fatigue Design, Article C.1.
It is necessary to have these 2022 interim revisions, as well as the 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 interim revisions, to have all current specification information, AASHTO said.