The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is holding a Census Transportation Planning Products or CTPP conference in Reno, NV, June 7-9. To register, click here – and note that the deadline for early bird registration is April 29.
[Above image via AASHTO]
Attendees at this conference will explore current research and get an opportunity to share census data-usage experiences. Attendees will also examine strategies for data improvements, reflect on previous successes, and explore census data needs for the future.
Technical sessions and workshops at the CTPP conference will focus on a variety of topics, including:
- Using census data to develop traffic analysis zones or TAZ level demographic data to ensure consistency across different geographies.
- Conducting equity analysis with census data, with a report on the construction of a national library of big data sources for transportation equity analysis in major U.S. cities.
- Examining past and emerging telecommuting trends in the United States – driven in part by the COVID-19 pandemic – with practical insights for transportation planners and analysts.
- A facilitated discussion between Census Bureau experts and CTPP data users around topics of data user needs and tools for evaluating data quality and analysis methods.
- Understanding the value and limitations of Census-based data sets, such as Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics and Origin-Destination.
- Employment Statistics.
Several Census data software demonstrations are also taking place at the CTPP conference as well.
The conference has reserved a room block through May 6 at the Peppermill hotel for $103 a night. To book a room, click here.